Review Goolsky FQ17W Mini Drone Foldable G-sensor Quadcopter
The Goolsky FQ17W is a compact size drone that can fit into your palm or pocket, apart from being small, you can also fold the mini drone’s aerofoils and blades for safe transportation. Despite its small size, Goolsky FQ17W mini-drone is rich of innovative features like live video streaming, a gravity induction mode, flip function, and an altitude hold function. We would recommend the mini quadcopter to beginner hobbyists or those at the intermediary level. Our article has scrutinized the drone’s unique features, advantages, downsides, and useful guidelines to help you make an informed decision.
The mini drone comes with a black colored 2.4 GHz transmitter with different buttons that function synergistically to deliver a successful flight. You will have to buy three AAA batteries separately to power the transmitter.
The on/ off switch is located in the lower middle part of the remote. The led light located on top of this key lets you know when the remote controller is powered or when the drone and the transmitter are syncing.
The up/ down and right fly key located on the top left side of the remote, lets you change your drone’s flight direction. Below the up/ down, left& right button is a cross shaped key which serves several functions.
The left arm of the key harbors the one key button start which starts the drone, and the right arm of the cross shaped key harbors the take-off/land key. The headless mode is on the upper arm.
The speed switch and the 3D flips are located on the topmost right side of the transmitter. The forward/backward left and right rotation key are positioned on the right side of the remote controller, just below the 3D flip and speed switch. This key lets you move the drone forward or backward while it is flying.
All trim keys are on the cross shaped button on the right side of the remote controller. The forward trimmer is placed on the upper arm, the left fly trimmer is located on the right arm, the right fly trimmer is located on the left arm, and the backward trimmer is positioned on the right lower arm. The trim keys help you fine-tune your drone’s flight.
The mobile phone clip on the topmost side of the transmitter holds your smart phone, giving you the freedom to watch live videos captured by the drone while your hands remain engaged on the remote control.
- FPV REAL TIME TRANSMISSION: equipped with camera ,it allows you to see what the drone sees, monitor real-time video with your Phone directly.
- GRAVITY INDUCTION MODE: Allows you to fly the drone forward/backward/left/right in correspondence to the angle of the mobile phone
- FOLDABLE & FLEXIBLE AEROFOIL:Foldable & flexible aerofoils and blades not only make the palm-sized drone compact, small and portable but also prevent users from being cut and provide better and safer using experience.
- Altitude Hold Function: Powerful air pressure altitude hold function allow you to release the throttle stick and the drone will keep hovering at the current height. Easy for you to shoot quality images or videos.
- EASY SAFE FUN TO FLY: 3D flips function ,headless mode,fpv function,ensure you fly at ease, fun and safe, no worry about the drone fly away
- Flight : 6-8 min
- Environment : Outdoor
- Camera : 0.3mp
- Battery : 3.7V 300mAh LiPo
- Charge : 40 min
- Weight : 1.61 ounces
- Size : 4.6 x 4.5 x 1.0 in
- Range : ~50 m
What’s in the Box?
Like most drones in the market, Goolsky FQ17W mini drone’s standard package comes with additional accessories to help you assemble the drone, replace parts that wear out, as well as troubleshooting problems that might arise while using the drone. Some of the accessories in the package include:
- The Goolsky FQ17W Mini drone;
- Remote Controller;
- 3.7V 300mAh Lipo Battery;
- A USB charger;
- A cloth case;
- Four propellers;
- English User manual;
- Phone retaining clip;
- A screwdriver.
- Charges quickly
- One key take off/ landing;
- Supports mobile app control;
- Has FPV transmission compatible with smartphones.
- Remote control does not come with batteries;
- Camera is not powerful;
- Difficult to master mobile phone app control;
- No SD card;
- No blade protectors.
Goolsky FQ17W mini drone is an ideal option for beginners and those at the intermediary level of flying quadcopters. We recommend it because it supports an FPV function for live video and photo streaming and you can suspend it on air while capturing the pictures. Additionally, its remote control is easy to use, and it supports a headless mode function. These innovative features ensure a comfortable and safe flight. However, the mini drone’s camera is not powerful enough, and beginners have to take some time to master its operation.