Review FengLan X5SW-1 4 Channel 2.4G 6-Axis Gyro RC Headless Quadcopter Drone (White)
If you’re just getting into flying drones then expect at some point you will have an accident and something will get broken. Don’t fret it, if you have chosen one which has many parts available then you can often get it fixed pretty easily and cheaply. Though you should also anticipate that eventually you have an engine or rotor issue which needs replacement. This happens to the best aircraft in the business so it’s perfectly logical that it can happen to yours too. If you choose one of the most popular models you will have no problems finding the parts that you need to get yourself in flight again.
Unless you are a serious hobbyist and veteran of assembling your own model boats, cars, helicopters etc then it’s better to choose a drone where the amount of user assembly is minimal. This is for your own benefit as there is less than can go wrong, it is similar to the argument people might use when comparing Macs to PCs.
It’s becoming more and more common and almost standard now that the higher end drones have the ability to be controlled from a smartphone or tablet. This is achieved by either a cellular, WiFi or bluetooth connection. At this stage it my not be ideal for all users because you may not have a smartphone with a strong enough antenna to keep a stable connection with the quadcopter. If you do some research and read reviews you should be able to easily find out whether your drone can work well with a smartphone when in flight, and your one in particular.
This drone is made of durable plastic, and is robust to falls and impacts. However, if you do manage to break something, you can always order extra parts and get back to flying. The enclosed pinion gears and motors is a nice feature which prevents strands of hair or material form damaging the motor.
Built-in the latest 6-axis flight control systems, strong stability, easily implement various flight movements, stronger wind resistance Capable of 360° 3D rolling, and other technical actions Support cellphone control from Android smartphone and iPhone via Wi-Fi connectivity More Cool Functions: One key return,motion sensing control function,360 degree rolling,throwing flight ,headless mode.The FengLan aircraft would be definitely your best partner to explore the sky Equipped with 2*780mAh batteries,3D lock,more scheduled flight, operating more to the force.
- Please read the instruction manual carefully before flying the drone,install the parts and screws according to the instructions.
- Be sure to put the drone on the flat ground to be ready to fly your drone.
- Connect the wireless WIFI that was transmitted from the drone before using the APP
- When four indicator lights on the bottom of drone start to flicker,it means electric quantity of the drone is insufficient,charge it right now.
- The USB charger will not light when charging and it lights only after charging full
- 6-axis gyro based on 4 channels ensures a stable and fast flight
- Capable of 360 degree 3D rolling, and other technical actions
- Wifi camera allows for a clear first person view from the sky
- Support cellphone control from Android smartphone and iPhone via Wi-Fi connectivity
- Headless mode avoids the difficulty of identifying the head and tail when you start to fly
- 2*780mAh battery, super long fly time
- Up to 100-meter long RC distance
- USB charging for more convenience
- Type: Quadcopter
- Model Number: X5SW-1
- State of Assembly: Ready-To-Fly (RTF).
- Controller Battery: 4″ AA” batteries (Not Included).
- Controller Mode: MODE2 (Left Throttle Hand).
- Remote Distance: About 100 Meters.
- Frequency: 2.4 G.
- Channel: 4CH 6 Axis Gyro.
- Power Source: Electric.
- Motor: Brushless Motor.
- Battery for Quadcopter: 3.7 V Li-Poly.
- Charging Time: About 60-120 Minutes (USB Charging).
- Flying Time: About 6-8 Minutes.
- Remote Control: Yes.
- Dimensions: 12.5 * 12.5 * 4″
What’s in the box?
- 1 x X5SW-1 Quadcopter
- 1 x Transmitter
- 2 x 3.7 V 780mh Li-Po Battery
- 4 x Propeller
- 1 x Support Frame
- 1 x Screw Driver
- 1 x USB Charger
- Durable and stable
- High quality drone
- Design of the drone is well
- All the pieces and parts secured
- Easy to fly around
- Can perform air stunts
- Good for beginners
- Not the nicest looking of the small drones
- Charging time could be better
While there could be some things to change on this drone, all in all I am very happy. I wasn’t expecting to enjoy flying the drone as much as I do, and I have even ordered some virtual reality glasses to experience it on a whole new level.
Controls are easy enough. A small gust of wind and you’re out of luck. Over all for the price it’s a good cheap drone that is fun. Camera quality isn’t horrid, but close…no excuse for that. What you see on your phone is NOT how the pic or video will save as. But it’s fun gets us outside and we like it.