Review DROCON U31W Navigator Kids Drone with HD Camera
Looking to get a drone or quadcopter? In this unboxing and review we look at the DROCON U31W Navigator Drone. The U21W drone features an 720P HD camera, the ability to automatically take off and hover, and connects to your phone for more functionality. I have reviewed several drones and this one is by far the best. I found it to be extremely easy to fly and maneuver. I highly recommend the DROCON U31W Navigator Drone!
This drone is the best toy I have ever bought for myself. I had seen drones before and I have really wanted to get into flying them, so I did some research to see how much they would cost and what features I really needed for a good drone. I decided that I wanted to buy one that was mid-priced. Something that would give me a good value, but also expensive enough that it wasn’t going to break. This drone was just $89.90, but the features it has really made me excited to buy it. Once I received it, I found that it is very easy to use and I enjoy it a lot.
The DROCON U31W Navigator drone comes with some very cool features, ones that will make flying this drone both fun and easy. The Drone features a 720p HD camera with altitude hold that makes it easier to hover in the air and take photographs and videos. The drone can also be paired up with VR headsets and along with the cameras 120° field of view, this should make for a more immersive drone flying experience. It has a flight time of 7 minutes and control range of 30m. Definitely one of the more feature rich drones on this list.
My favorite feature on this drone is the camera. It has a wide-angle lens, so it really feels like I am flying up there with the drone and can see so much. This drone is actually pretty easy to fly. I’ve never flown a drone before so I didn’t know what to expect, but this one is actually not hard to fly at all. The altitude hold is a nice feature because I can get some great shots, and it helps me keep the drone steady. There is an alarm that will let you know if you are getting too close to being out of range, something that was really important to me because I have heard horror stories of people accidentally flying out of range and losing their drone. I also like the emergency stop function in case of emergencies. The dimensions are 15.6 x 13.4 x 6.5 inches.
- 720p Camera
- 7-minutes flight time
- Altitude hold for easier flying
- Compatible with VR headsets
- One button takeoff/Return home
- FPV Capability
- 1×Navigator Quadcopter.
- 1×7.4V Drone Battery.
- 1×USB Charger.
- 1×SD Card Reader.
- 1×Spare Blades (4pcs/1 set).
- 1×Screw Driver.
- 1×User Manual.
- Warranty: 1 year.
Let’s take a look at some advantages and disadvantages of this drone:
- Nice 720pHD camera with 120 degree wide angled lens. Video is recorded directly to an onboard microSD card to avoid WiFi lag or frame skipping.
- Headless mode, altitude hold, and automatic takeoff and landing.
- Very stable flier. Perfect for video
- Telemetry range and low battery warnings.
- 720p FPV video viewable on your smartphone via its Flyingsee app available on Google Play here and iTunes here. Can also be flown by the app (but not recommended ;-).
- Touch button take off. Just press a button and the drone takes off by itself. It then hovers at about 5 feet off the ground
- Awesome app that allows you to not only control the drone from your phone but also record HD video and take pictures
Well designed battery system that is easy to use
- Video recordings show no vibration
- Simple controller that has the ability to hold your phone
- Similar to other drones from brands like TOZO, Hago, Holy Stone, Potensic, Force1, Cheerwing, Tenergy, Rabing, EACHINE, FANCYWING
I felt pretty comfortable buying this drone because it comes with a one year warranty. Most drones don’t have that, so I knew this company was reputable and a good one to purchase from. The fact that it comes with the camera is nice because I didn’t have to buy anything else.
- Not very maneuverable or sporty (does not even have a flip button). Intended mainly as a camera bird.
- Proprietary battery.
- Although I didn’t fly out to its maximum range, its telemetry range warning would alert me when at approximately 20 meters distance.
- Video shown on phone can be a little choppy
- The antenna can get caught in the battery. Seems like it could end up breaking the Antenna
- No extra drone battery
- No AA batteries included
The design isn’t the coolest one on the market, but it still looks good when it is up in the air.
It is so easy to fly, and I don’t have to worry about losing it. While it is not the most luxurious drone on the market, it does come with a lot of advanced features so I know it is going to keep me entertained for quite some time.