Drones and quadcopters are one of the coolest things you can buy right now but they are quite new to the market which means it can be difficult to choose the best drone for you. When you look online and in-store there are a wide range of buying choices and new ones are released all the time as the technology advances. Ultimately the right way to make a decision is to sit back, take some time and read through some drone reviews.
These days you will find that not only are hobbyists, amateur photographers and casual users buying drones but also professionals. These people realize just what they can offer to their business whether they are a real estate agent or work in surveillance. It doesn’t stop there though, aside from the US military there are other huge organizations that have flight plans for them. Amazon sees a future where their packages are delivered using flight and already have big plans for this with Amazon Air. Could it be that one day everything you order could be delivered by these machines?
The X5SW-V3 drone is made of durable plastic, and is robust to falls and impacts. However, if you do manage to break something, you can always order extra parts and get back to flying. The enclosed pinion gears and motors is a nice feature which prevents strands of hair or material form damaging the motor.
There are red LEDs in the front, and green LEDs in the back. The LEDs light up the legs which makes for a cool visual when the drone is taking off and landing. The landing gear legs pop in place, and there are screws that attach the legs permanently. However, the clips are pretty strong, so you could opt to remove the screws, and save a bit of weight.
Headless/IOC function. Usually, the forward direction of a flying multi-rotor is the same as the nose direction. By using Headless/IOC, the forward direction has nothing to do with nose direction. This lessens the steepness of the learning curve and allows the pilot to enjoy flight while slowly learning each specific orientation of the quadcopter.
With Wifi Camera and built-in Wifi module, you can watch what your camera sees with a live video and aerial photos in real time on your mobile device via the App. Bring a new perspective to your photos and videos from the air. Wifi FPV allows you to view photos & video while flying It supports any IOS and Android phones. The cell phone holder keeps your phone secure all the time.
The camera quality for the Syma X5SW-V3 is surprisingly clear.
The 0.3-megapixel recorder can capture amazing footage which, while isn’t HD quality, definitely surpasses expectations for its price.
There aren’t many drones on the market today that offer FPV technology for such a low price. Being able to fly the Syma X5SW-V3 with a smartphone is definitely a huge upside to this particular model.
- 6-axis gyro based on 4 channels ensures a stable and fast flight
- Capable of 360 3D rolling, and other technical actions
- Support cellphone control from Android smartphone and iPhone via Wi-Fi connectivity
- Headless mode avoids the difficulty of identifying the head and tail when you start to fly
- 500mAh battery, super long fly time
- Up to 50-meter long RC distance
- Left hand control, ideal for pilots of all skill levels
- USB charging for more convenience
- Drone Size: 31.5 x 31.5 x 10.5 cm / (12.4 x 12.4 x 4.13 inches)
- Drone Weight: 119 g / 0.26 lbs (no need to register with FAA)
- Drone battery: 3.7V 500 mAh Li-po battery (included)
- Controller battery: 4*1.5V AA Battery (not included)
- Charging time: about 90 – 120 minutes (USB Charging)
- Flying time: about 5-7 minutes
- Control distance: About 50 meters
- Support Phone Type: iOS / Android
- Real-time shooting funtion: Yes
- Headless mode: Yes
What’s in the box?
- 1 x Syma X5SW-V3 WIFI UFO Quadcopter with HD Camera
- 1 x 2.4G Transmitter
- 4 x Blades
- 2 x Batteries for Quadcopter
- 1 x Card Reader
- 1 x USB Charger
- 1 x Screw Driver
- 1 x User Manual
- Easy to fly around
- Impeccable maneuvering
- Can perform air stunts
- Is compatible with both iOS and Android
- Syma X5SW-V3 price
- Good for beginners
No optional flight altitude keep.
Front and back aren’t distinguishable in the day light. Had to tape bright tape to the front and change props to different color one.
- Doesn’t support anything lower than Android 4.0;
- Flying the drone with the guard attached can lower the battery’s life;
- Poor camera quality
- Poor video quality;
- Wind bug not fixed;
- Stalls and crashes without any reason;
- Small issues with Wi-Fi reception;
- No SD card slot.
The Syma X5SW-V3 throws many extremes into one package. On one hand, It is also one of the cheapest toy-grade quadcopters in the market that features FPV. On the other hand, its FPV feature is poorly implemented and suffers from a few drawbacks.
Great drone for beginners who wants to learn how to fly drone completely manually. Small enough to flight inside, comes with prop guards, camera and legs, which all can be dismounted to prolong flight time.
Very light, so falling on the ground (not asphalt or stones) will mostly do no damage to the drone.