This beauty in red and black is a beast of Potensic Quadcopters . The striking combination of prime colors and neat cuts give it an edge over the other drones for kids. The amazing looks will surely make people’s heads turn. The finest feature of the drone is its adjustable camera. You can tilt the camera suiting to your needs and requirements. It will give you nothing but the best clicks with its uber fine camera quality. You would be amazed how much a little kid’s toy can do. The Wi-Fi enabled 720p camera can even record videos. Capturing the candid moments of your child’s growing years was never this easy. It can hold a high altitude and remain steady to capture blur free pics and videos with crystal clear precision.
It has FPV via a free application you can download for Android or iOS devices. It also has a camera and multiple flight modes. The camera quality is only so-so (as you can see in the video), but the flight of this thing is actually pretty good. It uses a 2S 7.4 Volt 500 mAh battery that gives it plenty of punch. And you can set up the remote control for customized responsiveness. You do this by turning the dial on the remote control. The default setting for the responsiveness is 50, which is actually a pretty good, middle of the road setting for the drone to fly at. But when you crank the dial up to 75 or 100, you get alot of performance. The drone still has stabilization built in, but at 100, this thing will really move, as I demonstrate in the video.
The continuous airlift is as smooth as butter due to its high rpm (rotations per minute) and aerodynamic cuts. The light weight and sleek design also aid in high flying. You can use the hold function to flaunt the unbelievable skills like 360 degree rolls, flips, 3D flips and what not. The headless mode eases the effort of your little pilot and provides immense freedom of flying in the winds. You can spend quality father-son, father-daughter time bonding over this adrenaline pumping activity.
Another cool feature of this drone is the bright, multi-colored LED lights all around it. There are 2 sets of blue lights on the sides, red in the front, and white in the rear. The nice thing about the LED lights is that not only do they look really cool, but they also help you orient the craft. As long as you remember that the white lights are in the rear, you can always keep your orientation. Of course, if you decide to fly it in headless mode, you won’t need to remember the orientation because the quadcopter will orient itself automatically.
- No FAA Registration required.
- 6-Axis Gyro Stabilization.
- You have 2 Accelerometers and 3 Axis, making for a more stable and faster flight, even when the wind is mild. It has a highly anti-collision elastic plastic protective flame, so you can rest with the satisfaction of knowing that it is capable of handling more crashes than a regular quadcopter.It also has Hover / Barometer Set Height Function.
- The drone has high quality anti-collision elastic plastic protective airframe that enables it to survive many crashes.Built in ALTITUDE-HOLD Technology.
- With this quadcopter, you have first person view. On screen, you can watch live video – you don’t have to use your smartphone, or install an app and there’s no need to find a stable WiFi connection. This quadcopter is accompanied with a Monitor screen.
- The Air pressure sensor helps hold the flight stably at a certain height. it has 2 megapixels camera.
- There is no need to download or install any app on your smartphone to see real time video recordings of the drone.
- This particular machine has a LCD monitor attached to the transmitter that displays the real time transmission of videos, as the drone captures them. There is no need to worry about seeing it on phone or accessing any Wi-Fi hotspot.
5.8GHz wireless monitor screen.
- Beginner or an expert both can enjoy flying this quad due its simple operating system. The quadcopter has one key takeoff and landing, thus making matters easier for the pilot.
Enjoy real time beautiful scenery and live video feed
One key taking off and landing.
What’s in the box?
- 1 x 2.4GHz Transmitter (4 x AA batteries NOT INCLUDED)
- 5.8GHz FPV LCD Screen with built-in 500mah Li-po Battery
- 2 x 3.7V 750mAh Li-Po Batteries(1 outside,1 equipped)
- Carrying Case
- 4GB TF Card
- 1 x USB Card Reader
- 1 x Battery Charger
- Three 500mAh Batteries
- Two spare motor replacements
- User Manual
- First of all, I loved the design of the drone. The blue was very cool and unlike many other drones on the market. However, it is also a high quality drone. All the pieces and parts were very secure, and I dropped it once and it wasn’t hurt at all. I think it is going to last me a long time, so I am very excited.
- Altitude hold is useful and on spot.
- The biggest advantage is that the product has its own LCD display monitor on transmitter for first person view. There is no smartphone app needed to synchronize the drone with the phone for real time transmission. This cleverly eliminates the need for Wi-Fi, for establishing connection between the two.
- FPV module is bar-none.
- Very durable.
- Do you wish to go on a vacation and desire to carry the quad? Think no further and just pack everything up in the carrying case that comes along with the quad and off you go!
- Very responsive drone.
- Easy to fly.
- Most of the time people complain about the motors burning down and rendering the drone functionless. Well, you certainly cannot say the same about this quad since you get 2 spare motors in case of breakdown.
- Comes with everything you need.
- With a compact carrying case and enough spares to keep you happy (LiPo batteries, motors, rotor blades), it is an ideal drone for outdoor flying. Just go out in wild open and capture the most picturesque videos. All this is ready for viewing in real time on the LCD screen attached to controller.
- Extra battery can be used for longer flying sessions
The altitude hold feature permits the quad to hover at a particular height and remain in the position for stable recording of videos and quality picture shoot.
- The only thing I wish to change is the charging time. However, this is an issue with many drones.
- There is one review that mentions problems with the charger.
- However, we cannot find anyone else that has problems with their charger, so it is probably just the individual.
- There are not many disadvantages associated with this product. However, there are instances when the drone fails to respond to the controller, drifts out of sight and does not return “home”. The reason why they provide 2 spare motors may be that the motors burn down easily in many cases and need replacement.
The quadcopter motors wear naturally the longer you fly it due to the heat generated. Please make sure to cool down the motors and board circuit after 2 or 3 flights to extend their durability.
If you want to take to flying drone for the first time and enjoy the sight of the aerial view that the drone captures in real time, then go ahead and purchase this quad. Its stable maneuvering system will help you get the hang of flying.
While there could be some things to change on this drone, all in all I am very happy. I wasn’t expecting to enjoy flying the drone as much as I do, and I have even ordered some virtual reality glasses to experience it on a whole new level.